01 Jan The Best Of 2023
The Best Of – 2023
Jan. 1, 2024
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel HERE.
New Year’s Day is completely arbitrary, of course, but it’s still fun to use it as a readjustment cue.
There’s nothing wrong with finding an excuse to do some self-examination.
Or some sharing.
I’ve always liked “Best Of…” lists. I’ve found a lot of helpful things in those types of articles over the years.
So I thought I’d share a few of my own.
Best Books I Read in 2023
(Actually, best is not the best word. Favorite would be more accurate. Or useful. Anyway, on to the list.)
- Discipline is Destiny. This is, by far, the best Ryan Holiday book. His other books are perfectly fine but this one was outstanding.
- Shoe Dog. Generally speaking, I don’t love biographies. Many smart people do, but I don’t always care about someone’s holier-than-thou tips when most of their success came from luck. That’s probably why I avoided this old classic. And, boy, was I wrong.
- Excellent Advice for Living: Wisdom I Wish I’d Known Earlier. As with biographies, I’m reticent to read advice from other people on how to live. Because mostly their advice is, um, problematic. But Kevin Kelly is a smart, humble guy and this book has some gems.
Best Videos of 2023
- It’s a tie. We lost Charlie Munger this past year and that’s a tragedy. Any video about Charlie that doesn’t have an annoying narrator is magnificent. Here’s one.
- And, personally, I don’t like Shorts. I almost never watch them because I don’t find any value in developing a distracted, short attention span. But here’s one that might be useful.
Best Picture of 2023
- Enough said.
Best Stock Trades of 2023 That Were Actually Able to be Captured
- As you may know, I did a stock program from November 2022 to November 2023. I really enjoyed doing it. And while there were some losers in the very twitchy period in the first few months, we were able to catch two trades that did well. One was on TQQQ and the other was on NFLX. In fact, if we took those trades according to the rules we outlined, we would still be in those trades. TQQQ would hypothetically be up about 67% at the moment and NFLX would theoretically be up about 64%. Here are those charts:
- If interested, all the details on how to take trades using this system are in this video.
Most Popular Newsletters of 2023
- The most popular posts in the past year were all on stocks. Hmm, maybe I need to write more about that subject…
- The most popular post is here.
Most Popular Video of 2023
- And my most-watched video of the year was also in the stock category. Hmm, times two.
- And it was the same one as I linked above.
- Here’s the 2nd-most popular video. It was about Futures. Hmm, times three. Watch that video here.
In our next Newsletters, we’ll outline where we’re going in 2024.
Hope you had a great New Year!
It should not be assumed that the methods, techniques, or indicators presented in these products will be profitable or that they will not result in losses. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future results. Examples presented on these sites are for educational purposes only. These set-ups are not solicitations of any order to buy or sell. The authors, the publisher, and all affiliates assume no responsibility for your trading results. There is a high degree of risk in trading.
HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN INHERENT LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT ACTUALLY BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER- OR OVER-COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.